Monday 31 January 2011

Sunday Summary and Monday Winner

First of all, thank you for the good wishes! Back from a weekend in Bristol where we finalised the programme for Crimefest without too much stress (mine) and pain (Adrian's). Lots of great authors going and I'm really looking forward to it.

An excellent article in the music magazine Hot Press in which Doug Johnstone talks whisky and crime fiction. And here is his list of forthcoming events. I can't wait to get my hands on SMOKEHEADS.

Read 'Em, Don't Weep reviews Alexander McCall Smith's THE CHARMING QUIRKS OF OTHERS, PhiloBiblos with a few words for Charles Cummings' THE TRINITY SIX - which gets a few more words in The Scotsman, and Paul Brazill with a small but perfectly formed review of the small but perfectly formed KILLING MUM by Allan Guthrie.

Alexander McCall Smith talks to the Mail Online.

Over at Travelling Booky, a run down of M C Beaton's Hamish MacBeth mysteries.

The Museum of The Macabre talks about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the History of Spiritualism.

Philip Kerr will be appearing in Toronto on April 20th.

And, finally, after putting all the names in my favourite pair of Docs, the winner of Tony Black's TRUTH LIES BLEEDING is Janet. Janet - if you send me your address I'll forward it to the lovely people at Random House.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Janet, and I´m glad I didn´t win. You see, I won it off Declan´s blog the other day, and one book is wonderful, two books may seem greedy! :D

    ReplyDelete